Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Regency Dress for Debi

My last two weeks have been busy with sewing. My 8th grader was dreaming of a regency dress for a long time - she is a big Jane Austen fan. I had the Simplicity 4055 pattern for a while, but somehow never got to it. Her 8th grade school celebration was a great opportunity. The fabric proved to be quite a challenge, as it stretched out in places as I worked with it, but in the end I managed to finish the dress - complete with hand-made buttonholes and covered buttons. I also managed to braid her long strong hair into a beautiful up-do. She truly looked like a princess. 


Linked at:




Photobucket

4 comments:

Cation Designs said...

This is beautiful! Your daughter must have been so happy. What a fantastic mom you are!

stacysewsandschools said...

Beautiful!! The dress, the hair and your daughter!!!
LOVE IT!!

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

Your daughter is beautiful.What I would give to be able to do hair like you! The dress is so pretty.

Olyveoil said...

How pretty! I, too, am a huge Jane Austen fan and I immediately thought of her books when I saw your daughter in this dress. What makes it so sweet, is that she looks very proud to be wearing that dress and she's quite beautiful in it, too.

Debbie...(O:
><>

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear you comments and suggestions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...