I had a little piece of a very colorful piece of rayon in stash. My 16 year old fell in love with it and wanted a top from it. Since there was only a very small piece of it, we decided on a sleeveless tunic from Simplicity 3504. There was barely enough fabric for the main pieces, so we used a black fabric to cut the binding, which ended up being very nice. She also wanted the a ruffle on the bottom from the black fabric, but after trying it out we decided against it.
I had some trouble with getting the binding attached - I think I stretched it when ironing and it ended up being too thin and too long. It was a bit of a struggle to get it right, but in the end it worked out. Here is the inset close-up:
We used the same altered pattern that my 19 year old used when she made a shirt from this pattern about a year ago. She used a black fabric, since it was a shirt she needed for a concert:
If you want the full review of this pattern, you can find it at my PatternReview.