I decided that a pattern I had in my stash (McCalls 2590 - OOP) would be the easiest to modify to achieve this. There was very little time before Christmas, but I managed to sew it - so glad I did, because she love the dress.
After I finished the dress, it looked a bit "empty", it needed some kind of belt or sash. I had some shiny thin silky fabric, so I made a sash and hand-sewed it to the side seams. That made a huge difference.
I also used that silky purple fabric to cover a headband the girls already head to match the sash. I used a strip of the fabric I had leftover from the sash, folded the raw edges in and then wrapped the headband with it, hand-sewing the end from the inside.
For a full review and explanation of the alterations I did, read my review on PR.
Linked up at: