Abigail was in great need of some spring thinner pajamas. Since the pjs I made for her in the fall are getting too small, I decided to make the Ottobre pattern two sizes larger to make sure that it will fit her even next fall (and they do shrink with washing and drying). The pattern is from Ottobre 06/2009 (#34 and #35), but this time I made size 104. I made both of these pajamas from leftover fabric, which is why some parts are pieced together, since I that's all I had from the patterned knits.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
For Abigail's birthday I had made her a little princess dress for dress-up games. I used Simplicity 2767 as a basis for the dress. I did make a few changes to the pattern: I eliminated the zipper in the back, but then had to make the neckline a bit lower so it would fit over her head. I also made the dress much longer, almost floor length. I had to take in the size 3 dress quite a bit in the sides, since she is very skinny. Now it fits her wonderfully and she truly looks like a little princess:
Friday, March 11, 2011
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Last week my son's school had a Carnival, and he wanted to go as a Jedi knight. He already had a light saber that was a present from my cousins a few years ago, so that was a start. I used two small pieces of brown fabric (used almost every little bit of it) to create the hooded coat and a piece of texture linen/cotton to make his tunic.