It seems I am much behind on blogging, but on the other hand that is a good sign that I am busy in real life =). Before most of March has passed, I better put up my February sewing log.
These are the new things I made last month:
~ the 7 pocket diapers I already wrote about here
~ a striped Vogue 8151 that I am still not happy with and am working on fitting it better with another fabric
~ a while simple shirt for Mimi based on an altered Jalie pattern
~ a pair of pajamas for Tabita with a puple knit top based on the same pattern above and flannel pants that I drafted myself based on a Diana knit loungewear pattern:
~ I also made two bibs for Abi from leftover PUL and some fold-over elastic:
I also refashioned some more things:
~ a blue pleated skirt and an oversized striped blue top for Miriam shown here
~ a blue knit top that I made out of two tops from the same fabric. I had made these two tops 5 years ago and they were my favorite every-day tops. But both got very short and one of them had the decorative elastic damaged. So, instead of throwing both out (they were unwearable as they were), I replaced the elastic on both neckline and sleeves and added a piece that I cut from the other top. So, out of two unwearable tops, here is one wearable (at least for a few more weeks, LOL):
Besides that I managed to mend several things (waiting long in the mending basket), shorten and hem a pair of pants for hubby, alter another pair at the waist, sew in a new zipper in a skirt that has waited a long time for it....
All, in all not a bad sewing month =). I mentioned last month that my goal was to sew 50 new things this year. So far for the first two months, I had counted 16 (including diapers and bibs =), so I am on well on the way.